Thursday, September 1, 2011

NYC?? Texas?? Somewhere else???

Pardon the current obsessing over various places.  I am overly focused on the idea of escaping the Land of Entrapment (if only for a year or so). 

DH has an interview in a city where I can't find anything I'm qualified for that will pay a decent wage *cough* NYC *cough*. But I've looked into it and apparently there are places that are affordable to live in the area--so there's that (some detached houses with tiny little yards--SQUEE).  And if he made enough, I could loaf about for a while and/or get some little froof part time gig (which would be amazingly awesome and would completely fix this whole burn out problem I have).  Also, New York is a much cooler city (that goes without saying, but still). The downside--it's colder there. If I whine about it being too cold in the Southwest, and I do, then I'm pretty sure the first couple of winters would kick my ass.

The job posting for the job I applied for has closed.  So they're reviewing applications.  I guess we'll see if I get a bite.

Another possibility is the Austin area of Texas (not quite as cool as NYC but super cheap). IDK.  This uncertainty is annoying at best. Bah.

I want a new job. And, I want to move. 

No comments:

Post a Comment