Tuesday, August 9, 2011

evening goals

My goals for the evening are simple and few (though likely to be thwarted because I think my toddler is coming down with a cold--poor bear).
1.  Play my guitar
2. Clean my floors
3.  Cook dinner

1 will probably happen after the munchkin is asleep if at all.  At 2, munchkin likes to help--this is cute for about 5 seconds and then quickly becomes annoying beyond words. I need to get munchkin a small cheap guitar of some sort--this might solve the problem at least somewhat and I could pretend I'm being wonderfully educational and forming my own little Mozart (minus the negative aspects of his character, of course).

2 will happen. I recently picked up a Bissell Quicksteamer thing. Best $80 I've ever spent OMG.  I can clean my floors in less than 1/4 the time better than ever before (and it uses so much less water than mopping the hard floors.  My lovely cats (who are fortunate to be cute and cuddly) have a favorite spot in the living room.  Since I've been using my new floor cleaning thingy with the pet formula of cleaning solution, they've mostly stopped using the spot and I'm coming home less frequently to a cat scented house. Oh how I love this thing.  I saw a deluxe model for pet hair and the like and very nearly bought it (except I was 1000 miles from home and the one I have is only about 2 months old).














3. I'm not sure on this goal.  I have the makings for a great (and simple) sausage pasta (pasta, basil and tomato from the garden, artichoke hearts, cheese, olive oil), but I'm also pretty lazy when it comes to food during the week.  We shall see.

addition: So, I managed dinner.  It was awesome. I'm exhausted. It's been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment